IES 2017 2018 ESE Eligibility Criteria Syllabus Exam Pattern Cut Off Marks
A combined competitive examination for Engineering Services Examinations (ESE) / Indian Engineering Services (IES) recruitment for the various all India services. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) commence examination at all India level at various exam centres. The number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of results of the Engineering Services Examination(ESE) would be notified in the IES/ESE notification of the year 2017 2018. For avoiding last minute rush you must fill your IES 2017 2018 registration form in mid dates.
The Engineering Services Examination will be conducted in three stages: 1) The preliminary 2) The Main 3) The Personality Test.
The preliminary examination will be held tentatively on January 8, 2017 at various centres across the country (see details in the notification below). There will be negative marking for wrong answers by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
What is IES 2018 Exam Application Fee?:
Rs. 200 for - General/OBC candidates is Rs. 200
No Application fee for - SC, ST, PH and female candidates
Candidates can make payment through online mode or offline mode.
Online Payment Mode: Credit Card, Debit Card and Internet Banking.
Offline Payment Mode: E-Challan through any branch of SBI (State Bank of India)
IES 2017 2018 Eligibility Criteria
We cater for a wide variety of needs, from the general to highly specialised courses like IES coaching, GATE coaching in Delhi Patna Ranchi. We will always assess your needs and give you honest advice about the most appropriate course. Whatever your reason for needing, we probably have something suitable but if we do not have the right course for you, we will always tell you.
A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India or
(b) A subject of Nepal or A subject of Bhutan or
(c) A Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(d) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of
Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with
the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above shall be a person in whose favor a
certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
(II) Age Limits:
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, of the exam year.
- The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable up to 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be further relaxable:
(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a scheduled caste or a scheduled tribe.
(ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC category.
(iii) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
(iv) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of defence service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment; (vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(vii) Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
(III) Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as universities under section-3 of the university grants commission act, 1956 or
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) or
- Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organization) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely: M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
New ESE IES 2018 Exam Pattern (From 2017)
New pattern will be implemented from the year 2017 onwards.
|Stage - I (Preliminary)
|Paper I (Common to all)
||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude
|Stage I Total
|Stage II (Mains)
|Engineering Paper I
|Engineering Paper II
|Stage II Total
|Stage I + II Total
BROAD CONTENTS OF THE GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGINEERING APTITUDE PAPER:
The question paper is of objective type, common to all candidates. The duration is 2 hours and maximum marks is 200.
The questions from the following topics are covered:
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession
Marks for each topic may range from 5% to 15% of the total marks in the paper.
Aspirants are required to check eligibility conditions and instructions before applying for the exam, exclusively through the official website www.upsc.gov.in